Eight years after ‘Data is the new oil’ first appeared, data is still like crude oil. Our obsessive focus on the 1% of Business Intelligence users has caused us to forget the other 99% who are left dealing with spreadsheets.
Building enterprise software products is a fairly complex and involved process. When I examined my own experience on why products succeeded, I discovered four simple principles.
The proliferation of information enterprise users have is causing the lines between B2B and B2C to blur. Leading enterprise tech companies are embracing this change by connecting with the people who are using their products.
Today is my last day at SAP. After 8 great years, it is time for me to move on. As of tomorrow, I am joining NextPrinciples, a social analytics and social CRM provider in the emerging field of enterprise software. I am truly excited and look forward to the next chapter in my career.
This follow-up post to Part 1, details the size, growth and ‘consolidator’ potential for each sub-sector in the emerging stack. While I expect significant innovation and growth across the entire stack, two areas, namely the Engagement and Integration sub-sectors hold the promise of becoming the true anchor points in the evolution given their current attempts to stitch the stack together.